UppaBaby Vista vs. City Mini GT

• avatar Kim said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Hi Ladies,

I am down to these two strollers (for now). Any input would be greatly appreciated. I understand a lot of you have strollers you love and I want to hear about it. It is one of the last items on my registry I have to get sorted.

Thank you!

Kim

sprite
  • Profile picture of AshleyP82 AshleyP82 said 2 years, 4 months ago:

I am going with Uppababy vista. All my mommy friends rave about this stroller as its sporty but good in all weather and lasts through the years. Plus the second seat you can add on if a second baby comes down the road, does not make the stroller a double wide semi truck ;)

sprite
  • Profile picture of Sarah Himmelbaum Sarah Himmelbaum said 2 years, 4 months ago:

I have the UppaBaby and LOVE it! Lots of storage, great quality and overall wonderful stroller.

sprite
  • Profile picture of Shari Lederman Shari Lederman said 2 years, 4 months ago:

I love my UppaBaby as well!  Both sets of grandparents have the city mini and it is great – and the city mini def be easier for travel but i would say more as a second stroller not as your main stroller.

sprite
  • avatar Kim said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Thank you ladies. I am starting to lean more and more to getting the Uppa. The only thing that is stopping me is the ease of closing and opening the City Mini…. Oh decisions, decisions….

sprite
  • Profile picture of Marina Marina said 2 years, 4 months ago:

I know nothing about the City Mini but my UB front wheel started getting squeaky over the past week (only been using it for 4 weeks) and after a 5 minute call to UB customer service they are sending me replacement wheels and break that should be here by Thursday. AMAZING customer service!

sprite
  • avatar JJ said 2 years, 3 months ago:

For those of us just starting the journey, what is the best store to “test drive” all of these models? Does anyone have the UppaBaby Cruz? It seems similar to the Vista, but more compact.

• Profile picture of Heather Elizabeth Heather Elizabeth said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I liked Buy Buy Baby for test driving strollers. The employees there really seem to know their stuff.

• avatar JJ said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks Heather! I think the hubby and I are going to head there Saturday to check it out!

• Profile picture of Michele Herron Michele Herron said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I have the CityMini and really like it though i can’t say I’ve tried the UppaBaby.  i had several friends recommend the City Mini and when i “test drove” it at Babies R Us, i found it super easy to maneuver with one hand and as you said, it’s super easy to fold up.  hope this helps!

sprite
  • Profile picture of Wine Wine said 2 years, 3 months ago:

The owner of Bambi explained to me that the UppaBaby (similar to the Bugaboo) will be everything you need in a stroller from birth to 2+ years.  It is great for the City since it has good shock absorbancy with the rubber wheels as well as the option for the baby to face you or face forward.  He also explained that the City Mini (with the plastic wheels) is more like a second stroller.  It’s really basic, more for travelling since it is light and not smooth for everyday strolling.  I believe he’s there on the weekends and was very knowledgeable about strollers since he is the owner and has children.  I heard Bambi will offer you similar deals as Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us, which sometimes allow you to use coupons.  They also have another larger location where they can get you any product within a day if it is not at the Hoboken store.

sprite
  • Profile picture of megan megan said 2 years, 3 months ago:

the city mini is superrr convenient, the fold and canopy are phenominal! the 2012 versions should be better concerning the basket access, you can add a infant carseat on it. can add a bumper bar or tray, you can add a parent console. the handle is nice, when you recline the stroller, on hot days you can roll up the back and it leaves a mesh for air flow, but the recline is a bit of a nuisance. the city mini is awesome! but the uppababy has it all! the large basket, the  bassinet, the possibility of adding on the extra seat and the buggyboard, and it has a uv shade/canopy, HOWEVER, theres a possibility of the wheels breaking down faster with the fancy strollers, for some reason (i had one myself then i started looking into the city minis). the uppababy is a bit hard to manage when strolling through the malls and boutiques or aisles. the city mini turns on a dime! however, with all the add-ons on the city mini, you will probably still get it all cheaper than the uppababy (maybe). the parent console of the city minis are lovely because they are insulated and has a parent pocket.   the uppababy’s cupholder appears a bit flimsy with the chains….

im a bit picky, sorry!

i hope this helped at least! :)

i hope for the best for you and your family!

god bless! :D

sprite
  • avatar Kim said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Thank you everyone….I think I am going to go with the Uppababy Vista for now (might change my mind another ten times). I have a met a ton of people with it and no one had one bad thing to say about it. In fact, they love it. I understand it is a little bigger and of course, the city mini rules in folding up, but I just had to make a choice. Never thought choosing a stroller would cause me to go half insane! ha! :) Much appreciated everyone.

sprite
  • Profile picture of Lindsay Lindsay said 2 years, 3 months ago:

City Mini!!! But I heard the UppaBaby is awesome, too.

sprite
  • Profile picture of Tracy Tracy said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I have the City Mini GT…great wheels and so far it’s been a good stroller!  Only problem is the carseat adaptor for it makes it kind of bulky.

sprite

You need to log in to participate in this forum topic.

register
advertisement Hudson Vibe/ Zumbini

recent members

12 of 15,103 members
  • Suzanne BranyanProfile picture of Suzanne Branyan
  • ronaulrpavatar
  • Rosalie Solisavatar
  • Karinaavatar
  • EvelinaElliottavatar
  • Tolstrup Everettavatar
  • Hampton Klausenavatar
  • Cindyavatar