I. Information we receive and how it is used
Information we receive about you
We receive a number of different types of information about you, including:
Your information is the information that’s required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share.
- Registration information: When you sign up for Hoboken Mommies, you are required to provide your name, email address, birthday and information regarding your children.
- Information you choose to share: Your information also includes the information you choose to share on Hoboken Mommies, such as when you post a status update, upload a photo, or comment on a friend’s post.
It also includes the information you choose to share when you take an action, such as when you add a friend, like a Page or a website, tag a place in your post or find friends.
Information others share about you
We receive information about you from your friends, such as when they add you in a photo or at a location, or add you to a group.
When we use the phrase “public information”, we mean the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available.
Information you choose to make public
Choosing to make your information public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including people off of Hoboken Mommies, will be able to see it.
Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
- can be associated with you (i.e., your name, profile picture, Hoboken Mommies profile, User ID, etc.) even off Hoboken Mommies
- can show up when someone does a search on Hoboken Mommies or on a public search engine
Information that is always publicly available
The types of information listed below are always publicly available, and are treated just like information you decided to make public.
- Name: This helps your friends and family find you. If you are uncomfortable sharing your real name, you can always deactivate or delete your account.
- Profile Pictures: This helps your friends and family recognize you. If you are uncomfortable making your profile picture public, you can always delete it.
- Network: This helps you see whom you will be sharing information with before you choose Friends and Groups as a custom audience. If you are uncomfortable making your network public, you can leave the network.
- Username and User ID: These allow you to give out a custom link to your profile or Page, receive email at your Hoboken Mommies email address, and help make Hoboken Mommies platform possible.
Usernames and User IDs
A Username (or Hoboken Mommies URL) is a custom link to your profile that you can give out to people or post on external websites. If you have selected a username, it will always appear in the URL on your profile page. If you have not selected a username, then the URL on your profile page will contain your User ID, which is what we use to identify your Hoboken Mommies account.
If someone has your Username or User ID, they can use it to access information about you through the hobokenmommies.com website. For example, if someone has your Username, they can type Hobokenmommies.com/members/username into their browser and see your public information as well as anything else you’ve let them see.
How we use the information we receive
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends and the advertisers that purchase ads on the site. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
- as part of our efforts to keep Hoboken Mommies safe and secure;
- to provide you with location features and services, like telling you and your friends when something is going on nearby;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see;
- to make suggestions to you and other users on Hoboken Mommies, such as: suggesting that your friend use our contact importer because you found friends using it, suggesting that another user add you as a friend because the user imported the same email address as you did, or suggesting that your friend tag you in a picture they have uploaded with you in it.
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide Hoboken Mommies as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don’t share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
- received your permission;
- given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
- removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
Deleting and deactivating your account
If you want to stop using your account, you can either deactivate or delete it.
II. Sharing and finding you on Hoboken Mommies
Control each time you post
Whenever you post content (like a status update, photo or check-in), you can select a specific audience, or even customize your audience. To do this, simply click on the sharing icon and choose who can see it.
Control over your profile
Whenever you add things to your profile you can select a specific audience, or even customize your audience.
III. Minors and safety
We take safety issues very seriously, especially with children, and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet practices.
We do our best to keep your information secure, but we need your help.
Change of Control
The term Hoboken Mommies or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 2 12th Street, Suite 905, Hoboken, NJ 07030. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the State of New Jersey.